- Earlier this week my beloved Indiana Pacers were eliminated from the NBA playoffs. At least my Colts are still the Superbowl champs.
- The form on the standardized tests my students took this week doesn’t give me an option for race/ethnicity. I’m an other. What up wit’ ‘dat?! Let’s update these things people.
- I’m not big on quotes, but my desk calendar had a great one from Martin Luther for April 16th. “Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” I love that.
- We went to the post office recently and the wait was a short one. They stamped my eight postcards for me which filled me with delight. Normally I have to put a few stamps on each postcard, and things get a little messy. Maybe one day we’ll get to use stamps that don’t require glue over here.
- I let Grace hold my post office receipt during our recent post office visit, and it was like I just gave her a million bucks. I bought a Sprite on the street for Rose for approximately 40 cents, and that purchase brought a huge smile to Rose’s face. I became the new owner of a used Nokia cell phone for $12 which made my wife very happy. That means I’m happy. We’re happy people.